Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Brave New Adventure

I've decided to take my career in a slightly different direction.  Well, it's different for me, anyway. I've done public relations in one form or another for about 25 years now. 

My very first job right out of grad school was at Art Blum Public Relations in San Francisco. Art was a character. His obituary in The San Francisco Chronicle referred to him as the last of the "old-time" PR guys. I wouldn't have been surprised  to learn he wrote it himself!

Well, today, all those years later, I've started my own PR consultancy with a good friend of mine, Bob Henline. It's called Alethia Consulting Group.  Alethia is the Greek word for "truth."

I'd say it's the scariest endeavor that I've ever undertaken, but that's not true - becoming a father was. The knowledge that I am successfully accomplishing this most-frightening of all undertakings is helping me to push aside any doubts about my ability to make Alethia a success.

Once again, the boys are teaching me a lot about myself. Oh, for the record, they're very excited about all of this. They like the idea that I'm one of the bosses at our company.

Well, seeing how our only non-boss "employee" is Gracie the good dog, at least I know I don't need to worry about doing a bad performance review.
 Check us out: http://alethiaconsulting.com/


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mr. President,
    I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. Keep us posted.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete