Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gag Me With a Spoon

Last night the boys' school had a mid-year fundraiser: it was a 1980s prom theme. The gym at Prophet Elias Church was filled with parents, friends, and supporters of the only Greek Orthodox school in the entire Mountain West each dressed up like an extra from Desperately Seeking Susan or Ghost Busters.

I remember the 1980s fondly. Back then, I was referred to as a "preppy." Come to think of it, 30 years later, I'm still referred to as a preppy. So for my costume, I really just needed to push the limits of tasteful a bit.


Hearing the music, seeing the costumes, took me back, and made me laugh. Kelly and I met in the 1980s, we became a couple during that time. Finding photos from that time really made me laugh.



Um, yes, Kelly does have a mullet! Like, gag me with a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment