Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bam!

I think every kid has one activity they like to play more than any other. For me it was my Fischer Price farm set. No matter what new toys I got for Christmas or my birthday, I'd always return to the farm. I seriously never grew bored of playing with it.



Niko's not much for growing food: his thing is cooking it. Playing kitchen is his favorite activity in the world. He has a pantry of plastic foods, and not long ago, we picked him up a little cooking set from IKEA - it came with a frying pan, a pot, a steamer and a wok. He loves it. He can literally spend hours whipping up culinary creations. We've even thought about buying him a little kitchen set.



To me what's amazing is that he's thinking about flavors as he "cooks." Now, granted, some of them would be plain disgusting, but hey, people eat flan!


The pizza he made me - notice the swiss and cheddar cheese

Whether Niko pursues the culinary arts as a career or just gains some mad cooking skills doesn't matter. I'm just grateful that right now, I'm his best customer.


The chef and his favorite customer

No comments:

Post a Comment