Friday, February 3, 2012

See You Later, Aligator

One Sunday after dinner my dad was practicing possibly his most annoying habit - flipping though the channels - when he, Gus and Niko stumbled upon what has become the boys' favorite television program: Gator Boys. It's a reality show on Animal Planet, all about a couple guys, who capture and humanely relocate "nuisance" alligators in Florida.



Now I'm glad there are guys doing this to educate people about the American alligator, and to help preserve these prehistoric creatures. I know it's not something I could ever do. Heck, I don't like to jump into a swimming pool if I can't easily see the bottom - no way I could dive into a murky pond haunted by an alligator!

But my favorite part of watching this show isn't watching the tactics of how they're going to capture this gator or that one, nor is it seeing the unusual places that alligators show up. No, my favorite part is watching my boys watch this show.

Gator Boys simply keeps my guys spellbound. And while they're watching, they provide me with a running commentary on what's happening or offer helpful suggestions. For example, Gus thinks it'd be a good idea to bind a gator's mouth using duct tape. Niko would just jump on the gator's back.

I'm just glad neither of them has offered any ideas about kissing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment