Friday, February 27, 2015

Even Your Dreams are Square

There's a great The Simpsons episode in which Springfield celebrates the bicentennial of the town's founder, Jebediah Springfield. While researching a report on the intrepid leader, Lisa uncovers a secret: Jedediah is really the notorious pirate, Hans Sprungfeld - archenemy of George Washington.

Torn between her need for the truth and a town happy to keep its founder's legend alive, Lisa dreams of George Washington, who asks her to help expose Springfield as the traitorous Sprungfeld.
As Bart walks by her room, Lisa wakes up, shouting, "I want to help you, George Washington!"

To which Bart replied, "I want to help you... George Washington"? Man, even your dreams are square."
Well, last night I had a dream in which I couldn't find my sister, and the only person able to help me find her was...Franklin Roosevelt.  To find her, he read aloud from a magic newspaper.
So, yeah, I dreamed about FDR...reading aloud from a magic newspaper.

Man, does this mean even my dreams are square?


No comments:

Post a Comment