Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Fear for the Future

For several weeks, construction crews have been working on a building that we pass on our way to church. Recently we saw a banner announcing that the new building is to be an assisted living center for the elderly.

The other night while we were driving back from Greek School, Gus mentioned that it sure seemed big. My sister and I explained how it would probably have many rooms, administrative offices, a kitchen, dining area, etc. But Gus seemed unimpressed. He said he planned on putting me into a home where I'd be in a room with 5 - 6 other people.

When I asked why, he matter-of-factly replied, "Because I'm not spending a lot of money on you." 

Maybe those jokes about putting my parents in the home I saw on  60 Minutes aren't so funny after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment