Friday, May 11, 2012

Mama Mia

I think just about everyone has heard the story of my time on paternity leave: how on the morning of the third day my "work wife" Teresa banned me from calling the office anymore "just to check in;" and how my mom burst into fits of laughter when later that afternoon I called her to confess my guilty feelings for just wanting to get back to work.

Well, today was my first full day as Mr. Mom. So far it's gone off without a hitch.

And this morning waiting for me when I walked into the kitchen was a Mother's Day present from Niko...for me. According to the card, I'm the "best mom in the world." Wow. That was sweet.

As I opened the card, and saw the little rainbow window decoration and hand print he'd made for me I reflected for a moment. If we could live exclusively on Kelly's salary, would I decide to stay home full time? The answer came to me almost immediately, Hell no! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment