Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Lesson from a Little Stranger

We all have good days and bad days. Sometimes we're on the top of the world and sometimes we want to pull the covers over our heads and go back to sleep.

I admit that my day was heading toward that "covers over my head" option today. I just wasn't feeling it; I'm discouraged, feeling down, and the thought of a full-blown pity party sounded perfect.

Then I saw the news that Avery Canahuati, a 5-month old with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, passed away. Her parents chronicled their daughter's short life on a "bucket list" blog. Sharing it with the world was their way of celebrating the beautiful life they'd been given, while educating people about SMA.

If they can celebrate the really lousy hand Life's dealt them, then I can man-up and realize that my day isn't so bad after all.

If you'd like to read Avery's Bucket List, here's the link.

http://averycan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment