Thursday, May 7, 2015

Just Plain Stupid

It's finally happened. A boy told Gus that he's not allowed to come to our house because Gus has two dads. Gus could go to the kid's house, but not the other way around. The kid (parroting his parents) cited their religious beliefs.

I, of course, was furious. Crazy angry. I wanted to call the mom and tell her that Gus was no longer allowed at her house because our religious beliefs prevent our child from being exposed to un-Christian actions of bigotry and ignorance.

Kelly, of course, was more level-headed and reminded me that I needed to be "better" than the women, that I shouldn't stoop to her level. I hate it when he's right.

Although disappointed, Gus showed an amazing maturity about the whole affair. His comment: "That's just plain stupid."


1 comment:

  1. Very unfortunate situation, but take the "higher" road. It is "just plain stupid."

    ReplyDelete