Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It's a Good Thing He's Cute

There's something charming about the honesty of children. That is until that honesty is directed at me.

Lately, Niko has been interested in sharing his thoughts about my body hair as I age. His insight isn't really welcome, but it does crack him up.

For example: the other day we were soaking in the hot tub when he told me there was a hair on my shoulder.

N: I'll get it.
C: Don't pull on it.
N: It's not attached, I think it's one of mine. I'll get it.
C: NO, DON'T PULL ON IT!
(Ignoring me, and pulling on said hair)
N: OHMYGOSH! It IS attached!

The idea of a stray hair growing out of his dad's shoulder was about the funniest thing he could imagine.

And this morning, he bounded onto my bed to wake me up. He ran his hand over my morning stubble on my cheek and asked why men have prickly hair on their faces. I replied that men just get hair, and added that some guys get it on their chests, and some even have it on their backs. That idea made him roar with laughter.

Then, caressing my earlobe between his finger and thumb, he added, "And some men get hair that grows out of their ears, and curls way down over their earlobes."

And with that he tugged it out of my ear cackling with delight.

It's a good thing he's cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment