Thursday, April 9, 2015

Half Way to a Century!

As hard as it is to believe, last week I woke up and I was 50. In Greek we wish people na ta ektosteisis - may you live to be 100. Well, I'm half way there. And what better way to celebrate than with a house filled with loving family and friends? Here's just a small sampling of the fun we had, and the family and friends, who helped me celebrate.
 This is what 40+ years of friendship looks like.
 The girls with the Bieb.
 Ashley and Sky.
 Maria and Bob.
 Aimz and the Bieb.
 Two of my most favorite women in the world...and the Bieb.
 Sam has something for the Bieb!
 Watch out, Louis, Debra's smitten!
 Doreen raises a glass.
 Nina, Brian, Kali and Gary
 Jack and Doreen
 Cindy and John.
Chris and Kary, who has known me since 12!
 The "Ls" Laurel and Lori.
 The Nakamuras (Kerri's been a friend since 15!)
 Kali and Brian.
Sophia and Sundee.
Oh and I have no idea why the Bieb showed up, but taking a photo with him became more amusing as the night wore on and the wine flowed!

How a guy like me got so damn lucky to have such wonderful friends and family, I'll never understand. But I am grateful from the bottom of my hairy Greek toes to the top of my spikey hair.
 49 years earlier.

1 comment:

  1. χρόνια πολλά! Glad you had a good one. Maybe when you turn 100, you can celebrate by having the real Bieb perform at your party. Oh wait, he'll be 70-never mind....

    ReplyDelete