Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Devil's Game

I don't know how many millions the Parker Brothers have made off of the game Monopoly, but I'm pretty sure they sold their souls in order to gain that success. Why? Because Monopoly is the devil's game!


Proof:

1. As a kid, I heard many, many stories of how my dad's numerous victories were the result of cheating. (An accusation he denies.) His actions on the way to victory would cause my aunts to scream in anger, and caused my papou to toss multiple boards into the fire out of pure frustration.

2. Once my big brother, our cousin David, and I were playing Monopoly while watching TV. At one point, David landed on a property owned by John, who was looking at the television, about to roll the dice. So, I called out, "RENT!" David reached across the board and nailed me aside the head.  It was the one and only time my cousin ever struck me.

3. Santa brought the boys Monopoly for Christmas. We played it for the first time the other night. True to his namesake, Gus cheated. Niko reacted with a punch. And I swear I heard a heavily Greek accented voice suggesting, Throw damn thing in fire!

Maybe Santa doesn't bring Monopoly as much as Satan!

No comments:

Post a Comment