Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Good Riddance 2014?

"Good" is a very subjective adjective. It relies heavily on personal preference and interpretation. For example: many people view the snow now covering Salt Lake as a nuisance. Others, however see it as the source of much needed water, and a good way to have some fun.
Gus and I snowshoeing near Willow Lake earlier this year.
The same can be said about years. One person's banner year is another's annus horribilis.
Elizabeth II announcing that 1992 was anything but good.
 
For me, 2014 brought:
Too much time in hospitals with other people:
Intermountain Medical Center, became my home away from home.
Saying good bye to Gracie, the good dog:
No one could argue "good" wasn't the perfect adjective.
And the sudden, unexpected death of my friend and former teacher, Sonja Beere.
She was a GREAT teacher and friend.
 
For the past several days I've been eagerly waiting to sweep 2014 into the dustbin of history. But then I remembered there are very few years that are entirely good or bad. And I began to re-evaluate.

2014 also brought some fun times with family and friends, and some very good times:

Uncle Don (mom's brother), Aunt Sharon and Mom on Antelope Island
 Always a great time when John and Sabine visit.
 (The Greek ice dance team 2018?)
Uncle Chris and Niko cooking at the Pan Arcadian fundraiser.
 Celebrating Easter with my Russian "mom" Nina Boguslavskaya.
 
And my nieces Carli and Ashley.

 Gus in the Greek school program.
Campaigning for our friend Sheriff Jim Winder at the Pride Parade.
 Mom and Dad celebrated 65 years of wedded bliss!
  Gus's Arrow of Light ceremony making him a Boy Scout.
  While Niko won the Pinewood Derby!
 Emceeing my cousin Joanne's Testimonial upon her retirement 
as Grand President of the Daughters of Penelope.
 
 Cousin Sophia Mannos and I at the event.
Hiking with Kelly.
 Making spaghetti for the Opa Camp kids with my sweet friend Popi.
 The future president of the Pan Arcadian Federation.
Even Kelly gets in the act.
 Great niece, Kaydence and I do a selfie.
 Gus and Jerid hiking.
 Hiking with two of my favorite women, Lyndsey and Sandra.
 Had a bumper crop of giant pumpkins!
Trick or Treat.
Gus serves at the altar.
Niko debuts as an altar boy.
Both boys serving on their pro-yia yia's birthday.
 Man would she be proud!
Sandra and I marching with the Pan Arcadians
 to raise funds to fight breast cancer.
Celebrating Niko name day with Uncle John and Cindy.
 Gus as a wise man in church program (Niko refused).

 Now that I think of it, 2014 was a good year after all.



 HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment