Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Not Quite Gracie and That's OK

Remember how I publicly chastised Kelly for letting Niko get Spike the bearded dragon? Well, truth be told, I'm no better. Sunday, I decided I needed a reptile of my own - someone to keep Gus's snake company. This would be Pericles (get it Herakles and Pericles?).
It's odd, because I've always been one of those guys, who thinks pets should show affection and love you back. You know, like another mammal does.

 Notice the cool skull design on his head.
Truth be told, I've been missing my dog Gracie something terrible lately. Maybe it's because we adopted her in November. Maybe it's because my office seems so lonely without her snoring away behind my chair - a chair I still look behind when pushing away from the desk.

I'm smart enough to recognize that I'm not ready for another dog. Any new pup would find it hard to fill Gracie's paws. So, perhaps Pericles fills the void I've had with Gracie not longer around while allowing me to feel as if I'm not betraying her. 

So, welcome Pericles. May our time together be mutually beneficial.
 Why, yes, that is a snake in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment