Friday, November 28, 2014

Down by the Bayou

I learned a lot about life on my recent trip to New Orleans.

For example, reading a good book on the plane is a great idea. However, choosing something by David Sedaris will make you laugh out loud so frequently that you will seem like a lunatic. And, when your seatmate asks who the author is and shakes her head unknowingly when you tell her, saying, "You know, David Sedaris. The essayist? From NPR?" you end up looking like a pretentious lunatic.

Trying the food is a must. So I had my first Po Boy:
Which was delicious.

And my first beignet:

 
Which was really, really delicious.
And chicory coffee:
Which was not delicious.
And that everywhere I turned in New Orleans there were creepy clowns.
 
But most of all, I learned that no matter where I am, deep down I am a UTAH MAN!









No comments:

Post a Comment