Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thank You for My Awesome Life

Today Gus came home with a Mothers' Day present for us that he made in school. It was a recipe holder along with a sugar cookie recipe and a couple of samples.

It struck me as kind of odd, since the school has always been good about having the boys make these presents for yia yia or nouna. But when I suggested that he may want to give it to one of them instead, he steadfastly insisted it was meant for Kelly and me. Not so much the gift, but the card.
Words cannot begin to express how emotional I got when I read what he had written. He finds his life awesome. He thinks we're brave.
He doesn't realize it, but "sweet," "wonderful," "strong," and "cool" are words that come to mind when I think of him.

Thank you, Gus, for my awesome life.


No comments:

Post a Comment