Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Accentuating the Positive

Lately, the boys have been driving me nuts.  They're both at developmental stages during which they have to push and test parental boundaries. Honestly, the snide remarks and eye rolls from Gus combined with the obstinacy and constant appeals to our decisions by Niko have left me underwhelmed with fatherhood. 

So I decided to reboot my thinking and focus on the attributes I most admire about the boys.

Gus:
  • He's seldom afraid to try something new
  • He never meets a new kid, whom he doesn't immediately call his friend
  • He's admirably protective of his little brother
Niko:
  •  He loves to make other people laugh 
  •  He has a vivid imagination
  •  He adores his big brother
Perhaps by accentuating the positive attributes of my boys, I'll remember why fatherhood is so rewarding.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah....you'll all survive with flying colors--trust me!

    ReplyDelete