Friday, January 31, 2014

Hope Springs Eternal

Sometimes I feel like our home is one beer bong away from being a frat house. I feel our place is always messy, and the boys swing back and forth from being best pals to mortal enemies in a blink of an eye. But when I'm at my wit's end, when I feel all hope for a civilized home is lost, the boys will do something so sweet, so kind to one another, that I let myself believe I am not raising barbarians.

The other night, as I cooked dinner, Gus decided to help Niko with his reading. He was patient and encouraging, while Niko was eager to prove his worth to his new tutor.  But just in case I start to believe wholeheartedly that civilization will one day reign in my home, the line of the evening was, "Dude, don't try to guess. Sound it out."

Dude, hope springs eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment