Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hello, Derwood

When I was a kid one of my favorite TV programs was Bewitched - frankly, though, I never understood why the heck Samantha would suppress her supernatural powers just to please her husband. Or, for that matter, why he'd not want her to use them. Dude, get a grip: a little wiggle of her nose and you're on Easy Street!

My favorite character was Endora, the wisecracking mother-in-law, who insisted on calling her son-in-law, Derwood.  I liked her viewpoint about husbands not subjugating wives.



Well, it dawned on me recently that whoever my boys choose to marry won't have to deal with a mother-in-law.  That doesn't seem right. Who's going to tell my future daughters-(or sons)-in-laws, "That's not the way to do it, dear?" Who's going to go that extra mile like making them homemade pasta and cutting it by hand? 

Just look at 'em! They deserve hand-cut pasta...

 
And whomever the marry had better understand that!



\And yes, that is Apollo the new cat you see in the background. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment