Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Nice Little Mannerism

Once, when I was in high school, one of my friends said, "I know you're going to hate this, but when you just did that gesture you looked exactly like your dad." I remember thinking, "yikes."

The truth of the matter is that often gestures and mannerisms are genetically predetermined. But sometimes they are learned as well. The other day, Niko crawled into my bed and gently rubbed my ear. Now, I know he's picked that up from me, but no one with whom I share DNA ever did that. The only person, who rubbed my ears was my Uncle John - my Theia Amelia's late husband. It was a sign of affection from him.

What a nice little mannerism for the boys to have picked up.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, nice memory. Dad never met an ear he didn't like including all kids and dogs. I miss that. Thanks Christo for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete