Saturday, October 11, 2014

More McEnroe Than Gretzky

This afternoon I played a little "street hockey" with the boys. I was the goalie - the boy sent tennis boys flying past me.

After scoring for the third or fourth consecutive time, Niko declared, "I'm so good and keep scoring because you've only got a skinny Greek butt."

Um, yeah that may be true, but trash talk, dude!

Niko recently made the decision not to follow in his big brother's skates as a hockey player.  Frankly, one kid on the ice is more than enough. And in retrospect, it's probably a good idea for him to pursue other interests.

Shortly after commenting on my Hellenic derriere, Niko's already cracked and re-taped stick (the result of  accidentally been driven over) received a fatal fracture when he took an ill-planned slap shot. Gus laughed, and Niko out of sheer anger smashed the already-damaged stick to the ground.
Maybe tennis is more his sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment