Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Selfies

Say what you want about cell phone cameras, but there is no denying they capture a moment like nothing else ever has. Holding a phone at arm's length and tilting your heads for a "selfie" records whatever is happening in real time. Don't like the photo? Take it again.

In our family, Easter has always been about celebrating, laughing and showing our love for each other. Thanks to cell phone cameras and selfies, my niece Carli and I were able to capture those feelings instantly. Sure, they're not the best quality. Nope, the lighting isn't perfect. Yeah, we look like we've had a couple of cocktails - because we had. But there's not doubt you can see celebration, laughter and lots and lots of love.
 The evening is early...with two of my favorite nieces, Carli and Ashley.
Oh, oh...tie has been loosened.
Nominee for my favorite nephew, Mike (Carli's husband).
 As the night went on...with leading favorite nephew candidate, Braxton.
Couple of little angels...Cindy Buckles, my non-sister-in-law, who I wish was.
Mom and me
Proof family is often chosen - the boys' babushka, my former Russian instructor, Nina.
Kelly gets in on the selfie action too!
So does the girls' great uncle, and my nouno!
And the start of it all, after a long night and a house full of celebration, laughter and love.









No comments:

Post a Comment