Saturday, June 8, 2013

Chef Niko

Niko loves helping in the kitchen.  Whenever I start to cook, he's right there ready to lend a hand. Sometimes it's stirring. Sometimes it's cracking eggs. Sometimes he's my right-hand man...or in his case my left hand man.

Last weekend, per the boys request, I made fresh pasta. For those of you, who may not cook it's actually terribly easy: flour, a couple of eggs, some olive oil, a touch of salt, some water. That's it.

Gus, who originally suggested the idea, decided he didn't want to participate after all. But Niko, oh Niko was right there every minute: pouring and kneading, rolling and cranking.

The only culinary disagreement we had was that whereas 4-foot long noodles are fun, eating them isn't.

And I have to admit, his help proved invaluable.  We had the the pasta made and cooking in the pot in about a third of the time it would have taken me working alone!
The finished product. And yes, I wasn't very persuasive on the noodle length. But that was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment