Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Total Stranger

Today's Mother's Day. It's always a little awkward for us. Before they went to Saint Sophia the details of the observance could be a little stressful: it seemed like teachers weren't exactly sure how to broach the subject with us. But at Saint Sophia and in their Sunday School classes it's never been an issue. The teachers simply ask the boys for whom they wish to make a present and that's that.

Well yesterday we were driving in the car and I mentioned we still needed to get my mom something for Mother's Day. After a pause, Niko piped up and asked, "When are we going to get to see our mom?" I didn't know what to say. I tried to think of a carefully crafted comment, but the best I could come up with was, "Maybe some day when you're older."

That's when Gus added, "I don't want to see her. I don't want to go and spend time with someone, who is a complete stranger."

I didn't have a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment