Monday, September 24, 2012

They Like Me! They Really Like Me!

Remember a couple of months ago I noticed the boys' chore charts included "feed the rabbit" and it confused me since we didn't have a rabbit?  Well, guess what we got at the State Fair?  The boys have named her Hera.

So in the past couple of months we've added a kitten and a bunny to our petting-zoo like household. Bringing the total number of non-human inhabitants at our place to 14: one dog, 2 cats, 3 fish, a snake, a guinea pig and 6 chickens!

What I don't understand is why these animals, which I wanted nothing to do with, seem to think I'm their best friend in the world? Apollo labors under the fantasy I want to be his personal sleeping couch, while Hera is convinced I'm going to protect her from the dangers that lurk in the house.
Ironically, I do like our cat, Athena, but she's not too fond of me - or anyone for that matter.

So I keep trying to tell that damn kitten and the new bunny that Gracie is the only one I like.
 They just don't listen.





No comments:

Post a Comment