Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Walk In The Park

One of the best parts of going back to school when I was a kid was the "mini vacation" my dad would take us on over Labor Day weekend. We wouldn't actually go anywhere, just spend the three days bumming around town - going to the planetarium, eating out at restaurants, doing touristy things. It was also the only time my dad would even entertain the idea of catching a movie!

With the boys starting school on the Tuesday after the long weekend, my sister and I decided to re-live our childhood and spent Sunday at Liberty Park with the boys - just like our dad had done with us.

Starting with a trip to Tracy Aviary, packing in a couple of rides on the ancient Ferris Wheel, and downing snow cones, we ended the day in the paddle boats on the pond. The boys had a great time, but I think Sandra and I enjoyed ourselves more!









2 comments:

  1. My kind of Labor Day celebration!! Looks like a ton of fun.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great park! A lot nicer than the little park we have the butts against the freeway, a major blvd and the train tracks. It's great that you are continuing "old" traditions with your sons.

    ReplyDelete