Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who's Your Daddy

This marks the maiden voyage of Who's Your Daddy. Over the coming posts, I plan on relating the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of being a dad. A gay dad at that.


The name comes from my monthly column for QSaltLake. (I need to check with the editor if it's OK to post the column on here). I hope it will serve as a expanded version of the column because being a dad in general is the most difficult and most rewarding "job" any man can take on. But when you consider our society's biases against gay men - especially when it comes to children - you've got whole knew series of challenges!


Having said that, I hope this blog will serve to (A) chronicle my experiences beyond the record the column provides; and (B) is seen as a resource for all men - gay and straight - as they navigate the crazy world of fatherhood.


I'm not perfect. I'm NOT the greatest father ever known. I make mistakes. But I'm qualified. Hell, today alone I also changed a DefCon Level 5 diaper, took a 3-year old on errands with me (and NOT to see his friend Erin as he believed), and helped a 6-year old struggling to sound-out reading words. Oh, and I made chili and chocolate chip cookies!


So, sit back and enjoy the armchair vantage point of my successes, my failures, my headaches and my joy of being a dad!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, "little" Chris, I will sit back and enjoy...however don't forget to mention you're a dog daddy and a member of all those Greek organizations! Joanne Saltas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to travel along with you! Please send your chili recipe. It's raining in LA; perfect chili weather. We miss you guys so much. Love, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Christopher! Can't wait to follow along with you on this journey. I know I'll be entertained and perhaps even learn a few things.

    ReplyDelete