Monday, April 9, 2012

We survived "American" Easter. Lessons we learned:

1. Chocolate bunnies are not the same as candy given up for Lent and can therefore be sampled - this according to Gus as he nibbled the bunny's ear off.

2. When I accidentally wake up at 3:30 am I should go back to sleep rather than get dressed to hide eggs outside. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when I first wake up and the mere idea I could hide eggs in the back yard while it was still pitch black was comical. I sharpened up and returned to bed. (I got up again at 6:30 and did it.)

3. Gus is beginning to have doubts about a giant white rabbit delivering gifts and hiding eggs. When the boys bounded into our room first thing in the morning and Kelly told them to look downstairs, Gus asked, "Wait, how do you know it's downstairs?" (Kelly reminded him that's where the baskets were last year...)

4. Niko has inherited my obnoxious trait of telling a story or sharing commentary constantly. He pontificated about the reason behind the hiding place of each egg he found.

5. The two bluish-green eggs from our chickens we dyed green and orange ended up being a deep, vibrant green and a pumpkin color. Next year we'll skip the store-purchased white ones!

Happy "American" Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment