Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Sudden Realization

Not long after I met my former boss in Neal, the topic that I was a regular church goer came up. I remember he said something like, "I've never met a Greek person for whom the church isn't the center of their life."

Naw, I protested, I just go to church.

Last Saturday, as Kelly, the boys and I ate breakfast in the little gym at Prophet Elias, I suddenly realized, I'd become one of those Greeks Neal was talking about.

Kelly noted that after Holy Liturgy on Sunday, the boys would have been at church every day of the week: 5 for school, once for Scouts, once for breakfast with Santa, and then for Holy Liturgy.

Eh, it could be a worse - we could be Evangelical snake handlers!


The boys chatting with Ol' Saint Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment